YLI provides relational discipleship and leadership coaching of young Christian leaders in countries with significant leadership needs. We draw young leaders into our discipleship community where we train and equip them for a lifetime of fruitful kingdom leadership in their community, ministry, and family. YLI’s coaching process is progressive:
YLI initiates new leadership coaching processes in selected communities each year via a series of leadership and training events held throughout the year, with the primary goal of getting to know young leaders in the community.
Leaders who exhibit leadership potential and values alignment are selected into a three-year coaching process.
A few coached leaders are selected to join YLI as volunteer Coaches, multiplying YLI’s impact in their communities.
YLI partners with Coaches in entrepreneurial ministry projects related to their calling, like clean water, sports, church planting and education .
YLI’s relational discipleship process is distinctive in that we do not only seek to produce mature spiritual leaders, but we partner with other agencies to develop well-rounded leaders all aspects of life and ministry like: leading in the family, character development, theological education, entrepreneurship and vocational discernment.
- Increase number of YLI Coaches in West Africa by 1 per year.
- Expand training and coaching efforts throughout West Africa.
- Launch “360 Leader” coaching program in partnership with other agencies to add new coaching areas: life in community, emotional health, cross cultural ministry, organizational leadership, and financial leadership.
- More than 2000 young leaders in seven countries have completed YLI training.
- Indigenous, multiplying, self-sustaining movement with 5 churches in a previously unreached Muslim group.
- Ghanaian coaches have extended YLI’s discipleship model to Nigeria and Burkina Faso.
- Sports ministry partner serving and teaching the gospel more than 1000 youth per month.
- Clean water provided to more than 3000 people in 8 communities.
- 30+ African migrant children, who otherwise would not, are receiving an education and hot meal 5 days / week.